Tuesday, January 3, 2023

DMM: That’s not a knife!


Dialogue from film Crocodile Dundee:

Image result for that's not a knife meme
Crocodile Dundee

Sue Charlton: Mick, give him your wallet.
Michael J. "Crocodile" Dundee: What for?
Sue Charlton: He's got a knife.
Michael J. "Crocodile" Dundee[chuckling] That's not a knife. [draws a large Bowie knife] That's a knife.
[Dundee slashes the teen mugger's jacket. He and his friends run away]
Michael J. "Crocodile" Dundee: Just kids having fun. You alright?
Sue Charlton: I'm always all right when I'm with you Dundee.





Extraordinary Prayer

When it comes to Disciple Making Movements (DMM), it goes without saying, but I shall it anyways, one must be vitally connected to the Father. The need to be dependent upon the Holy Spirit to do the Father’s bidding in and through us, is the opportunity to increase in our view of God’s faithfulness to bring the desired “much fruit”. Casting our nets, while trusting in His power to draw men to Himself is the “big knife” which divides rightly between that which is effective and that which is not.

Listening Prayer is one piece of the process of what it is to cultivate extraordinary prayer as lifestyled norm. The following is one sample of listening prayer in dialogue form with the Father.

2 Chronicles 14:11 

11 And Asa cried to the Lord his God, “O Lord, there is none like you to help, between the mighty and the weak. Help us, O Lord our God, for we rely on you, and in your name we have come against this multitude. O Lord, you are our God; let not man prevail against you.”

Me: This story strikes me deeply this morning, ABBA.
God: Yes, I caught your attention didn’t I, dear daughter of mine.
Me: It strikes me that the ONE BIG THING (OBT, as some dear friends call this) came into play in my tiredness. And then, I read this passage. Humm…
What do you want me to catch from this amazing story?
God: Look at my servant Asa. Peace and ten years calm he enjoyed in his period of reign. He loved Me and did what I bid. He was faithful to tear down the altars. He tore down that which attempted to set itself up against the knowledge and glory of My name. He took out the high places. Then, as He walked in uprightness I gave the kingdom of Judah great years of peace. During this time they built fortified cities. They were not idle in their peace. They were faithful in their prep.
Me: Yes, then the next battle seemed somewhat insurmountable, didn’t it? Asa had half the army size of the attacking Ethiopians army.
God: What is it then that I am asking you to trust Me to be and do as you and Sp walk out My plans?
Me: The biggest enemy for me in recent months is doubt. Will we really see You bring a cascading movement to Christ in our UPGs?
God: Yes, I have seen that seed growing. Now, acknowledge that at the root of this you are doubting My goodness. Repent, dear daughter of mine. For I am bringing that which I have purposed for My fame and renown. You have everything you need in Me. Trust Me for other local catalysts who will be faithful to making reproducing disciples, as I have commanded you. Remember, align the sails of your masts, I Am the One who brings the winds of movement. Oh, yes, and you all are going to need bigger nets. Prepare bigger nets.
Me: Yes, I confess this to You and ask Your forgiveness for my doubt of Your goodness. Cleanse me and fill me with your Holy Spirit. 

I hear You, Father. Prepare the bigger nets.

LORD, I see how Asa interceded:

LORD                      there is none like You to help between the mighty and the weak
Help us,                      O LORD, our God, for we rely on You and
                                            in Your name we have come against this multitude
O LORD,                            You are our God: Let not man prevail against You


Thank You, ABBA, for the sweet reminders today. 

Extraordinary Prayer reminder to self:
When I become more consumed with the greatness of who God is, no enemy can prevail.





No comments:

Post a Comment