Wednesday, October 22, 2014

CPM: No Greater Love





No Greater Love


S and I enjoyed dinner last night with one of my dear mentors/heart friend, Lelia Lewis. She is 87 years old, fragile in best of moments, fiery in the Lord's endeavors till the last breath. I have been thinking a lot lately on what it is to live more clearly with the radiance of Christ in all. I think of Lelia: hardships galore, peace of Christ in-tact, love of Christ increased, death to self-life daily, honest embrace of the lonely places (not too many peers left in this space and time who live out their days on the field among the UPGs they were called to), honest transparency of the healthy regrets which have led her to repentance, unmitigated trust in the purposes and worthiness of God, full of Rhema words which God has given over and over again, takes herself less seriously these days, laughs more readily at the ironies of life while she clings steadfastly to the goodness of God. She is serving among the Balinese since 1953. She and Roger Lewis (passed into the Lord's presence 1999), her husband, were contemporaries and friends of Jim and Elisabeth Elliot. Most of what we see of those who have come to Christ from among the Balinese, find their roots in the efforts of this couple. God alone gets the glory.

Earlier this year I asked Lelia to share with me any words of encouragement for this generation of believers. I plan on pulling this together in an effort to pass on the words of a life still well-lived for His purposes in tough places like we all know. To the ends of the earth, among the Unengaged/Unreached People Groups, He has called all of us to either send others or go ourselves. That is the most often neglected part of the Great Commission, to partner in the privilege God affords us to be part of His glory covering the peoples of the earth as the "waters cover the seas."(Hab.2:14)

I have sent this to you as I see you as one who desires to exemplify these Kingdom realities as you continue to cling to Jesus. May we never choose to forget to remember that we are His to reflect His glory, glory bearers, no matter where He leads. There is no greater love than His, no greater love to be embraced by, and no greater love to live empowered by the Holy Spirit to live by. CPM is the process of being empowered by the Holy Spirit to catalyze the transformation of whole households of indigenous people among these UPGs who then reproduce what it means to love/adore Jesus and obey His commands because of that growing love. 

I have attached a video link, which I use typically for vision-casting with women in the home country of Texas and beyond. This was so encouraging to watch again for me, I trust it is an encouragement to your heart as well. This story is one of the stones of remembrance for me and what the Lord used to bring me to the point of saying to Jesus, "Lord, make my heart willing to be willing to go anywhere, do anything, be anything for Your glory."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QHyYzh_pHk       For the Sake of the Call Steven Curtis Chapman Musical Tale

RA
Act Beyond   www.beyond.org<http://www.beyond.org/>

No comments:

Post a Comment