Monday, May 19, 2014

DMM/CPM:Creating Margins in Extraordinary Prayer


Extraordinary Prayer: An Essential Ingredient in CPM/DMM
DMM/CPM:Creating Margins in Extraordinary Prayer
Creating Margins in the Heart of Prayer
Matthew 26:39 (The Message)
Going a little ahead, he fell on his face, praying, “My Father, if there is any way, get me out of this. But please, not what I want. You, what do you want?”
Creating margins in our lives to hear God’s voice, listen to His voice, and obey His voice is to posture one’s heart to intercession, which is extraordinarily the afforded ordinary in Christ.
I am struck in this passage with the first things first indicators on the dashboard of what Christ demonstrates. He got away. He created space to practice a heart posture of dialoguing with God the Father. He deliberately turned down the music, so to speak, unplugged the technological gadgets (extrabiblical-I know), and separated Himself for the moment in order to secure the lifetime. He chose to lay aside the white-noise filled encroaching pressures in order to secure the eternal destiny transforming Kingdom of God realities.  
As I consider my own need to create margins, create the space to hear the Father’s heart, as well as practice in each space of daily life the dialogue of incessant intercession, I recognize the modeling of Jesus first and foremost. The intentionality to secure alone time with ABBA to just delight in Him, to drink of His Word, to listen to the Spirit’s voice and to dialogue with Him is prime real estate. Face down, in a dependent way Jesus postured himself. Callouses formed upon my knees, not upon my heart is what I desire to be true of my own life.
A secondary highlight observed here in this verse is the move into self-denial. Death to self-life and its entire cry for breath is predicated upon the practice of sitting before the Father daily. There are no short cuts. Surrenderedness is part of that package of the deepening of intercession as lifestyle in our lives. Surrenderedness: the yielding of oneself in totality unto God and His purposes, no matter the cost.
Simply put, Jesus trusted the Father’s plan as He was in honest dialogue with the Father’s heart.
I am reminded of the following reality as I consider the above…I will never truly obey the One of whom I do not adore/love, I will never love the One whom I do not trust, I will never trust the One whom I do not know, I will never know the One with whom I spend no time. 
When it comes to partnering with the Holy Spirit to see Him launch these cascading movements of worshipers of Christ who love and obey the Master among UPGs (Unreached People Groups), extraordinary prayer is an essential ingredient to be delighted in and modeled. 
A worship/intercession offering is found on the following link. 


No comments:

Post a Comment