Friday, May 15, 2015

CPM/DMM: They Want to Be Found

Persons of Peace: They Want to Be Found





Pitch and roll, not today. The waves kindly obliged our passage from one island to the next in our focus area. While enroute to a CPM Training/Coaching weekend, gentle ocean waters carried us forward. My husband and I take these opportunities to ask the Lord to lead us to POPs. S walked through the passenger ferry in one direction, while I felt led to check out the front area. A SaSumBi Muslim woman sat alone on the crew’s access ladder. "As-salam-wa-lai-kum (peace unto you)," I offered.

After a bit of introductory conversation, I identified myself as a follower of Isa Al Masih, the straight and true way. Then, I asked my new aquaintence, Fatima, if she wanted to pass the time in sharing what we were each thankful for? Then, what are our unique challenges in life at present? 

She jumped at this opportunity. After an hour or so of sharing about her life, her unique challenges, I asked her if I could pray in the name of Isa for her? She immediately indicated that she desired this…at this point, the Holy Spirit led the prayer time so powerfully. Fatima sobbed uncontrollably. I asked her if I could hold her. As I closed in the time of prayer over her, I asked her where Allah was touching her heart so clearly? To which she replied, “Since my childhood days, I have not had a mother, nor another woman to listen to my story, nor hold me with the tender care you showed. Why would you do such a thing?” 

I shared with her that the source of this type of tenderness, greater than what man could ever offer, is Allah himself, made known through Isa Al Masih. Venturing further, "Would you like to get together with someone whom I know in your hometown who would talk with you about Allah’s heart to heal and restore all areas of our lives?" After this comment, I shared with her that it is important to know the heart of Allah; the reading of the books of Moses, the Psalms, and the gospels is where one needs to start. Would she like to have this contact? As she wiped the tears away, she said yes. 

Pray for Fatima and her boyfriend to desire to meet in a Discovery Bible Study DBS, as I contact a gal I am coaching in DMM who lives in her same city for follow up. 

POPs... they want to be found.

No comments:

Post a Comment